WELCOME

You are reading the thoughts of one who has kept them mostly out of the public venue. By virtue of the concept, blogs seem narcissistic so you can expect a lot of personal pronouns to show up.

I don't like being pigeonholed, though many have called me a conservative. I agree with much of what is often considered conservative views, but I do tend to occasionally differ on this view point. I have also been termed opinionated. Well, please remember this is my view, and I consider my view valid until convinced otherwise. That doesn't necessarily make it right; it simply makes it my view.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

NOTE: The posts in this blog are duplicates of the column I write for the Perris City News and Sentinel Weekly.

All right, let's get started. You are about to read neither the rantings of a madman nor the reflections of a genius. Perhaps somewhere in between:

June 2, 2013

Sovereignty be Damned!

Obama is at it again. This time he is illegally signing his name as President of the United States to a UN agreement that is not only not consented to by the Senate, but was twice rejected by that august body. I am referring to the United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty (otherwise referred to as ATT). An agreement that potentially could relinquish the rights of this sovereign nation as defined in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution to the whims and fancies of the United Nations.

I say this is illegal because Article II, Section 2 of the US Constitution states “He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur…


On March 23rd, Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment to prevent the U.S. from entering into the treaty. It passed by a vote of 53 to 46.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) introduced another amendment to ensure “that the United States will not negotiate or support treaties that violate Americans’ Second Amendment rights under the Constitution of the United States.” This amendment passed in the Senate by a voice vote.

Does this sound like consent to you? Maybe he doesn’t think this applies to him as spelled out in Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 4 of the Constitution. “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.” There is still a huge question of his eligibility under this clause. (Until this has been completely settled, you will not see me refer to Mr. Obama as President of the United States. I generally call him the imposter-in-chief. Yeah, I’m a “birther.”)

I am writing this column on the 1st of June. Mr. Obama said he intends to sign the treaty on Monday the 3rd of June. If he does sign the treaty, he could easily be removed from office under impeachment for violation of Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 6. “Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--‘I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’.” He will have clearly violated the oath of office – which he took twice  -- by not defending the Constitution as well as illegally signing the United States to a treaty without the consent of the US Senate.

There are those who will say I’m just biased. True, I not only don’t like the guy, I even campaigned against him. But the law is the law, and it is unequivocally spelled out in the Constitution. It remains to be seen, though, if the Senate will now have enough guts to take impeachment proceedings against Obama. The guy is slippery as taking a fresh caught Bullhead catfish off the line and just as dangerous to handle.

No comments: